2023-05-26

Case Bound Book #5

 

Today I'm sharing the second book I made last week. 

Hier het tweede boekje dat ik afgelopen week maakte.

As you can see on the photo there is a notch at the left of the book, parallel to the spine. This notch ensures the cover opens smoothly. To make that joint/hinge I put a round 'needle' (some kind of knitting needle) in place at the front and back of the book after I finished it and put everything in a book press for a couple of hours.

Zoals je kan zien op de foto maakte ik links een inkeping (kneep) evenwijdig met de rug. Deze kneep zorgt ervoor dat de harde kaft gemakkelijk kan opendraaien. Om de kneep te maken legde ik nadat het boek klaar was 2 ronde stokjes (of breinaalden) net naast de rug aan de voorkant en de achterkant en stak alles in een boekpers voor een aantal uren. 

I didn't use Japanese paper for this book but a sheet of handmade paper from my stash.

Geen Japans papier gebruikte deze keer maar een vel handgeschept papier uit mijn voorraad.

The signatures were folded out of cream colored paper. For the endpapers I used brown cardstock.

De katernen gevouwen uit crèmekleurig papier. Voor de schutbladen gebruikte ik bruin kaartkarton.

I did the sewing of the book block/ text block on cords again.

Het boekblok/tekstblok opnieuw genaaid op koorden. 

A close-up of the endband at the tail of the spine. 

Hier zie je een close-up van één van de kapitaalbanden.

I recently discoverd Bitter Melon Bindery on YouTube. Chanel Ly makes very beautiful books and video's. I'm sure I will make more books soon :)

Ik volg sinds kort Bitter Melon Bindery op YouTube. Chanel Ly maakt heel mooie boekjes en video's. Haar filmpjes werken aanstekelijk, er gaan zeker nog boekjes volgen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje en je reactie, ik ben er heel blij mee!

Thank you for your visit and your comment, love it!