2022-08-06

Accordion Books Challenge #1

 

I made this 8-pocket accordion book for the "Accordion Books Challenge" by Ali  Manning aka vintagepagedesigns.

Ik vouwde dit accordeon boekje met 8 vakken voor de "Accordion Books Challenge" van Ali Manning aka vintagepagedesigns.

I kept the accordion book simple, wanted the tags to be the eye catcher.

Ik hield het boekje zelf simpel, ik wilde dat de labels het middelpunt werden.

I decorated the front cover using stamps by Dina Wakley.

De voorkant versierd me stempels van Dina Wakley.

I folded 8 pockets to hold the tags.

In de 8 vakjes passen 8 labels.

I decorated the inside pages of the book with a border stamp by JOFY.

De pagina's binnenin versierd met een stempel van JOFY.

I dyed white seam binding ribbon with Distress Inks and used that colored ribbon for the tag toppers and the closure.

Ik verfde wit naadlint met Distress Inkt en gebruikte dat voor de sluiting en als decoratie voor de  labels.

I colored the tags with watercolor paint.

De labels kleurde ik met aquarelverf.

I worked on one panel and divided the panel into 8 strips after finishing it off.
I applied this technique in the past on THESE tags as well.

Gewerkt op 1 paneel dat ik achteraf verknipte tot 8 stroken.
Deze manier van werken paste ik ook al toe bij DEZE labels.

I transformed each strip of paper into a tag.

Van elke strook papier maakte ik een label.

The large panel looked very busy but when you look at the tags one by one it seems ok I think.

Het grote paneel leek heel druk maar na het verknippen viel dat toch heel goed mee.

If I would have made each tag separately I would never have reached this effect.

Als ik elk label afzonderlijk had gemaakt, had ik nooit dit effect kunnen bereiken.  

Collaging, stamping, mark making...

 Tissue papier opgeplakt, gestempeld, marks gemaakt....

Stamps
Different Colors: S-00294 Circle Leaf
Dina Wakley Media: Love of Circles, Abstract Blooms, Textures, Soul Whisperings
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection: Mini Media Marks CMS 364
PaperArtsy: JOFY 60

StazOn Ink: Fuchsia Pink
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Crayons: Worn Lipstick, Carved Pumpkin
Talens Amsterdam Acrylics: Titanium White

1 comment:

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje en je reactie, ik ben er heel blij mee!

Thank you for your visit and your comment, love it!