2022-07-20

Small Stencil - Five Wonky Strips #2

 

I made a spread in my Art Journal using the new 'Small Stencil - Five Wonky Strips' by Darkroom Door. In fact this Art Journal is a vintage book I'm working in.

Ik maakte ook nog een spread in mijn Art Journal met de nieuwe 'Small Stencil - Five Wonky Strips' van Darkroom Door. Dit Art Journal is eigenlijk een oud boek waarin ik werk.

The moment I saw this stencil I was thinking of making a fence with it. And on a fence there are birds of course :)

Van het ogenblik dat ik deze stencil zag dacht ik aan een hek. En op een hek zitten vogels natuurlijk :)

I started by applying a layer of gesso to the vintage book pages. I wanted the text to remain visible so I added only a thin layer of gesso. Next I applied light green and turquoise acrylic ink to the spread. I diluted the ink with water to make drips and kept in mind to leave enough white space. With white acrylic ink I made splatters randomly.

De pagina's van het boek kregen eerst een laagje gesso. Ik smeerde de laag gesso niet te dik want ik wilde dat de tekst nog gedeeltelijk zichtbaar bleef. Daarna met lichtgroene en turquoise acrylinkt de pagina's ingekleurd. De inkt verdund met water en het boek rechtgezet om de inkt te laten uitlopen. 
Erop gelet om niet de hele achtergrond te kleuren. Spetters gemaakt met witte acrylinkt.

I overstamped the background with lime, white and turquoise paint and StazOn Ink 'Teal Blue' and 'Cactus Green'. I used various Darkroom Door stamps to add text, grid, dots, circles and squares.

Op de achtergrond gestempeld met lime, witte en turquoise verf en met StazOn Inkt 'Teal Blue' en 'Cactus Green'. Verschillende Darkroom Door stempels gebruikt om zo tekst, rasters, stippen, cirkels en vierkantjes aan te brengen.

To create the fence I first sponged white paint through the 'Small Stencil - Five Wonky Strips', next red paint. After drying I applied a white wash to every bar of the fence, to create a distressed look. 
I added shadow with a black Stabilo pencil and green PITT pens, did the highlights with a white pen.

Voor het hek sponsde ik eerst met witte, daarna met rode verf doorheen de 'Small Stencil - Five Wonky Strips'. Na het drogen nog een heel dun laagje wit aangebracht bovenop het rood, voor een verweerd effect. Schaduw aangebracht rond de verschillende spijlen van hek met een zwart Stabilo potlood en groene PITT pennen. Highlights aangebracht met een witte pen.

The leaves were stamped on scraps and colored with PITT pens after cutting out.
For the flowers I stamped the 'Texture Stamp - Fallen Leaves' three times on white paper using Archival Ink 'Carnation Red'. I punched a circle out of each print and adhered the 'flowers' to the spread. I drew stems with a black pen and added shadow and highlights to the flowers and stems.

De blaadjes apart gestempeld, uitgeknipt en ingekleurd met PITT pennen.
Voor de bloemen stempelde ik de 'Texture Stamp - Fallen Leaves' drie keer op wit papier met Archival Inkt 'Carnation Red'. Uit elke afdruk een cirkel geponst. De cirkels op de spread gekleefd. Stelen getekend met een zwarte pen en schaduw en highlights aangebracht rond de bloemen en de stelen.

I put three stamped birds on the fence and stamped grass at the bottom of the spread. I added details to the grass with a white pen. I finished the spread off by stamping a quote, adhering a few buttons and making marks with a pink paint marker.

Drie gestempelde vogels op het hek gezet en onderaan nog wat gras gestempeld. Details aangebracht met een witte pen. Knopen opgeplakt, tekst gestempeld en 'marks' gemaakt met een roze verfmarker.

Stamps Darkroom Door

Stencil Darkroom Door

Daler Rowney Acrylic Ink: Light Green, Turquoise
Liquitex Acrylic Ink: Titanium White
Dina Wakley Media Paint: Lime, Turquoise
StazOn Ink: Cactus Green, Teal Blue
Talens Amsterdam Acrylics: Naphthol Red Deep, Titanium White
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Carnation Red
Golden: White Gesso
Panduro Acrylic Marker: Azo Pink
PITT Artist Pen Big Brush: May Green, Light Green, Permanent Green Olive

1 comment:

  1. Heel mooi gelukt, die 'verweerde paaltjes'. Mooi geheel.

    ReplyDelete

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje en je reactie, ik ben er heel blij mee!

Thank you for your visit and your comment, love it!