2023-06-07

Little Library Challenge #4

 

After making 3 small books for the Little Library Challenge I was brave enough to make a bigger one :)

Na het maken van de 3 boekjes voor de Little Library Challenge heb ik me gewaagd aan groter exemplaar :)

For the cover I used imitation leather. I backed the faux leather with a piece of pink linen fabric.

De kaft gesneden uit een lapje beige kunstleder en de binnenkant bekleed met roze linnen stof. 

Because the edges of the linen frayed a lot I crocheted a row of stitches along the cover. Did this with leftover pink yarn and a thin crochet hook.

Omdat de linnen stof erg rafelde haakte ik een rij vasten langs de rand. Daarvoor gebruikte ik een restje dun roze haakgaren en een hele dunne haaknaald.

Before I could start crocheting I had to make a lot of holes into the leather with a Japanese Screw Punch'.

 Voor ik kon starten met haken moest ik eerst heel veel gaatjes maken in het kunstleder. Dat ging heel makkelijk met een 'Japanese Screw Punch'. 

For the 4 signatures I used watercolor paper.

Ik vouwde 4 katernen van aquarelpapier. 

I attached the signatures to the cover using chain stitches.

Voor de binding een kettingsteek gebruikt.

Each signature was sewn separately.

De 4 katernen werden elk afzonderlijk ingenaaid.

To close the book I wrapped a strip of ribbon around the book which I tied loosely without attaching it to the cover.

Het boekje sluit met een stoffen lint dat ik losjes rond het boekje knoopte zonder het te  bevestigen aan de kaft. 

2 comments:

  1. leuk zo met die kettingsteek! Zal wel een heel werkje geweest zijn! Maar het resultaat mag er zeker zijn. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking book. Great idea to crochet the edges to prevent fraying. X

    ReplyDelete

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje en je reactie, ik ben er heel blij mee!

Thank you for your visit and your comment, love it!