2024-03-15

Chain Stitch Binding

 

Inside the Handmade Book Club there is an archive with lots of tutorials. For this book I was inspired by one of these tutorials. 

De Handmade Book Club heeft een archief met heel veel lessen over boekbinden.
Dit boek is geïnspireerd op één van die lesjes. 

For the cover I used a piece of light blue leather. To make the cover more sturdy I glued fabric to the back of the leather. 

Voor de kaft werkte ik met lichtblauw leder. Om de kaft iets steviger te maken het leder aan de binnenkant bekleed met stof. 

 I attached the signatures to the cover using a chain stitch. Because each signature was sewn separately I was able to use different colors of thread.

De katernen aan de kaft bevestigd met kettingsteken. Omdat elke katern afzonderlijk genaaid werd kon ik met verschillende kleuren draad werken.

For the signature wrappers I used blue handmade paper.

Elke katern kreeg een omslag van blauw handgeschept papier.

I finished the book off with a large button and turquoise elastic cord.

Voor de sluiting gekozen voor een grote knoop en turquoise elastiek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje en je reactie, ik ben er heel blij mee!

Thank you for your visit and your comment, love it!